We are looking for a very enthusiastic and capable individual to run and develop our fast paced, high quality finishing shop. For this role you will need to be an experienced sprayer/finisher, preferably with previous experience in fine furniture and architectural joinery. As lead sprayer you will lead a small team and be responsible for scheduling all work within the department, ordering product, quality control and actual finishing. Training in specialist finishing techniques and leadership can be provided, if required, for a suitable candidate.
Ideally you will have experience in:
- Spraying clear and solid colour lacquer at varying sheen levels, including high gloss – using PU, polyester and water based systems.
- Staining, oiling and occasionally French polish type finishes.
- Specialist finishes, include metalised and textured effects.
- We need a team player with good communication skills and an ability to work using your own initiative.
- Attention to detail and a high level of concentration, so as not to be distracted in a busy working environment are essential – as is working to deadlines.
- You will need to be willing to travel for further training and research of new products.
- You will need to be willing to work outside of the standard working hours, as required, to complete projects to deadline.
Monday – Thursday 7.30am -4.30pm
Friday – 7.30am – 3.15pm
Salary: Competitive rates offered