Please provide a brief description of your design, include your motivation or inspiration (check Guidance Document
for further information).
Please read the declaration below and sign the application before submitting:
- I am over 18 and eligible to enter the competition.
- I apply for the submitted design to be considered for the Touch Design Group Student Competition
- I hereby declare that the submitted design is all my own work and I give permission for Touch Design Group to contact my Tutor to verify this if required
- I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions of the Touch Design Group Student Competition
Terms and Conditions:
- The winning student will be supported by our TDG designers in order to come to a final design and specification which will go into production, manufactured by TDG with any outsourcing, if any specialist elements are required.
- Only one submission per individual.
- Intellectual property rights will be given to TDG of the winning design. The rights will revert to the student if the design is not utilised by TDG within two years of the date the winner is announced.
- The winner will receive £500, an option of one month’s internship (Summer 2019), plus a 10% share of the net profit from the sale of the piece.
- Initially a maximum of 25 pieces will then be produced, if commercially viable. These pieces will be sold by TDG and the winner will receive a 10% share of the net profit from these further sales.
- The winner and selected finalists agree to allow TDG to publicise the work online and in any other press or marketing at the company’s discretion.
Each file must be no larger than 8MB.
Before submission check that you have included the following. The Guidance document has further information:
- Brief description of design
- Scale drawings-including dimensions
- Projected costs and pricing of the piece
If preferred, you can also enter by post by downloading a printable version of the application form here.
Entries should be sent to: Student Design Competition, Touch Design Group, 6 Marsh Green Road North, Exeter, EX2 8NY.
Please note that submissions by post will not be returned.